PetrographerPost by: RJ Lee Group News
- 3:15PM Nov 04, 2019
- Comments off
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced concrete Petrographer. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the composition and structure of materials commonly used in building construction, with emphasis on concrete and concrete aggregates, and associated deterioration mechanisms of such materials.
- The Petrographer will carry out investigations of concrete and aggregate according to ASTM C856, ASTM C457, ASTM C295 and other standard methods. Samples will be examined using a stereo-optical microscope, polarized light microscope, and scanning electron microscope (SEM) with energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS).
- The Petrographer should have a comprehensive understanding of the composition and structure of cementitious materials at a microscopic and structural level, and be well trained to identify common deterioration mechanisms.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of factors affecting and contributing to durability issues of cementitious material systems, and be able to identify them.
- The candidate should be willing to support efforts within the company in other related areas as well.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. in Geology or Materials Science, or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience under a Concrete Petrographer.
- Course work in optical mineralogy
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite of software
- Intellectual curiosity, problem-solving abilities
- Strong motivation to learn and grow
- Ability to relate well with co-workers at all times
- Ability to work independently or with a team and to prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
RJ Lee Group, Inc. offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program