Our criminal forensics experts have worked with more than 400 law enforcement agencies throughout the United States and abroad and are qualified in 27 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in New Zealand, Bermuda and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Trace Evidence Analysis
The very small-to-microscopic material found at a crime scene is often a crucial element in a criminal case. We ensure all sample integrity by handling the evidence in a clean testing environment using contamination checks and calibration controls. We aid in investigations requiring:
- Gunshot residue identification
- Human hair comparison
- Animal hair identification
- Fiber identification
Gunshot Residue Analysis (GSR Testing)
We are committed to delivering services that not only meet, but exceed, regulatory requirements and client expectations for value, consistency and reliability.
- Accredited by ASCLD/LAB for primer GSR analysis and gunshot distance determination.
- The only private laboratory in the United States accredited by ASCLD/LAB-International for gunshot distance determination.
- GSR sampling of skin, clothing and other surfaces.
- Exceptional turnaround time for GSR analysis including backlogs.
- Initiated the use of computer-controlled scanning electron microscopy in the identification of GSR particles.
- Review and critique of reports and data from other laboratories.
- Actively involved in the development of criteria for standardized procedures.
Instrumentation and Technology
Our forensic scientists use a variety of techniques and instrumentation to determine trace composition including:
- Polarized light microscopy (PLM)
- Manual and computer-controlled scanning electron microscopy (SEM and CCSEM)
- Raman spectroscopy
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy
For more information, please call 1.800.860.1775, option 1, then 3, or click below: