Engineering & Maintenance Systems
Even if you are able to generate data in support of your mechanical and electromechanical engineered systems, you may not have ready access to that data or retrieving it may be too complicated. If your data are segregated or use conflicting formats, if they include information from diverse sectors such as manufacturing and installation, performance, EH&S and maintenance, then collecting and retrieving that data presents problems. Combine those data with laboratory results on oil and wear analysis, failure analysis and metallographic studies with images and it becomes almost impossible to manage.
Easy Data Access and Control
Using our customized software support tools, you can access data directly from the source avoiding costly database merges that lead to delays in data receipt. We build solutions by transforming your disconnected and divergent data streams into the supportable ingredients required for maintenance programs such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), predictive maintenance (PdM) or preventive maintenance (PM), or even as an element in determining remaining service life. Now your engineers and maintenance staff can quickly and easily make critical decisions on which course of action is needed and save time and money by using direct data access, a user-friendly format and decision support tools unique to your situation.
The Industrial Forensics Solution
Engineering and maintenance systems impact a system’s performance. A good maintenance program built on solid data will also influence a company’s bottom line. As an industrial forensics firm, our scientists and information management experts collaborate on complementary projects to ensure that impact is positive by:
- Researching and developing client-customized information management system solutions;
- Creating software tools clients can use to make decisions that support those solutions;
- Offering complementary comprehensive laboratory services for the engineered system life cycle process, including:
- Materials selection – from raw materials to component parts to alternate materials;
- Metallurgical evaluations to recommend materials and predict reliability and life expectancy;
- Defect and failure analysis to understand what happened and how to prevent it in the future;
- Oil analysis as part of a predictive maintenance program to determine oil cleanliness, water content, etc.
For more information on our information management and software tools, please contact us at 1.800.860.1775.