We specialize in state-of-the-art material characterization methodologies and techniques.
Material characterization is the process of measuring and determining physical, chemical, mechanical and microstructural properties of materials. This process leads to the higher level of understanding needed to resolve important issues, such as causes of failure and process-related problems, and allows the manufacturer to make critical materials decisions.
What is Different about Material Characterization Today?
Materials and devices are becoming increasingly complex. The methods and techniques used to study and characterize them, in-turn, need to be progressively sophisticated. RJ Lee Group houses one of the largest collections of electron beam instruments in the world, which are capable of imaging at low magnification for surface surveys and ultra-high magnification for scrutiny of nano-scale materials and features. We also have one of the most comprehensive analytical facilities available for evaluation of organic and inorganic compounds and materials. Our materials scientists apply both standardized analytical methods and specialized application-specific advanced techniques to support technical endeavors, including:
- Failure Analysis
- Product Development
- Identification of Unknown Substances and Contaminants
- De-formulation and Reverse Engineering
- Material Comparisons
- Specialized Method Development
Why Use RJ Lee Group?
We have provided expert consultation and analytical services for over 30 years, establishing ourselves as your trusted advisor in accurate data collection and information generation.
Our goal is to not only meet, but exceed, the client’s requirements.
- We routinely work with the newest material innovations, identifying and applying the best advanced analytical methods and characterization techniques based on investigation requirements.
- Our experience working with advanced materials and techniques supports accurate interpretation of the resulting data, leading to a better understanding of the macro-, micro- and nano-scale properties and their interactions within these advanced materials. Our capabilities are further expanded when studying conventional materials and components.
- We discuss the analytical results with our clients to provide a clear understanding of how they impact their products and provide a plan of action for quality assurance, process control and product improvement.
To learn more about our Materials Characterization laboratory and consulting services, please call us at 1.800.860.1775, option 1, then 5, or click below.